Trends report that lipstick is back! We all love our clear balm and our shiny gloss but it’s time to pull out the color! Not sure what color is right for you? Here is a quick guide:
1. Look for a colour that is like your own natural colour, but take it up a notch.
2. Determine whether you are cool-toned or warm-toned. Cool-toned people will have black or brown hair with red or ash blonde hair. The eyes are blue or brown. The skin will be olive or white in tone. Warm-toned people will have auburn or blonde hair with strawberry or golden highlights. The eyes are green, blue-green, or hazel. The skin will be golden or peachy in tone.
3. Cool-tone colors have blue or red undertones. They are reds, pinks, roses and violets.
4. Warm-tone colors have yellow or gold undertones. They are bronzes, peaches, oranges, true browns, as well as corals, which will suit both warm and cool-toned.
5. For evening, take your daytime colour to a richer intensity. If you chose a berry gloss during the day for example, a satiny burgundy would look more dramatic at night.
6. Go to your local makeup counter, Arbonne or MaryKay representative and ask for samples. Try the shades on (using a swab stick) then take a walk outside and see how it looks in the light of day.
7. Check out “My Color Advisor” on Maybelline.com for your personal shade and product guide.
Leave a Reply